Acquisition of Willbes (1997)
- Advice of Korea Corporation Investment’s acquisition of Willbes (KOSPI)
- Business restructuring and development of new businesses
(IT, clean technology and automotive parts)
- Net income was significantly improved (USD 0.3mln -> 7.3mln)
Acquisition of KTB network (1999)
- Advice of Willbes’ acquisition of KTB, state owned enterprise.
- Turned around KTB which had suffered from chronic deficit.
- Present, AUM is over USD 2bln and invested in over 1800 firms.
- Subsidiary KTB Asset Management’s AUM is about USD 10 bln.
- KTB took license of Securities and began its business as Securities in 2008.
Investment of Auction (1999~2001)
- Acquisition of Auction, internet shopping website in 1999.
- Turned around Auction which suffered from chronic deficit.
- Divestment of Auction to eBay.com in 2001
- Recorded 25 times of investment returns during 2 years.
- The first Cross-Border M&A in Korea.
Investment of Job Korea (1999~2005)
- Acquisition of Job Korea, online job seeker in 1999.
- Divestment of Job Korea to Monster.com (NASDAQ) in 2005
- Recorded 50 times of investment returns during 6 years.
Buy side (including merger)
Willbes (KOSPI)'s acquisition of KTB Network Co.
Willbes (KOSPI)'s acquisition of MSTech Co.
Hansol Group's acquisition of Korea marvel Co.
Hansol Group's acquisition of Oksori Co.
Hansol Group's acquisition of Hansol PNS Co. (former Kwanglim)
Shinwon Group's acquisition of KwangMyung Electrics Co.
GeoPyung Group's acquisition of Taepyungyang Fashion Co.
Hansol Group's acquisition of YoungWoo company Co.
PoHang saving bank's acquisition of YongDuk saving bank
ChangNyung saving bank's acquisition of Paradise saving bank
KCC Corporation co.'s acquisition of JinYang MoonMak Factory asset
Korea Tarpaulin Inc.'s acquisition of Korea KDK Co.
Dreamwiz.com's acquisition of the division of Portal business of Intizen Co.
Cnexus Inc.'s acquisition of Enter one Co. (KOSDAQ)
Merger of DaeKyung Env., DaeKyung EnTech and DaeKyung clico.
IONE venture capital Co.'s acquisition of C&L venture capital
Job Korea Co.'s acquisition of OAB Co.
Job Korea Co.'s acquisition of Humanpia Co.
Yes 24 Co.'s acquisition of Wow book
Merger of Wow book Co. and Gold book Co.
Saehan Information Technolgy Inc.'s acquisition of Dongseo Express Co.
Hanbitnet Co.'s acquisition of Jung&Lee Accounting Institute
ACE High Tech’s acquisition of KBP Japan
Sell side (including merger)
SM Kwon's divestment of Job Korea Co. to Monster Worldwide Inc.
Cnexus's divestment of Enter one Co.
Sonus Technology Co.'s divestment of Shinsung Ind. Contruction Co.
Divestment of Orientech (KOSDAQ)
Divestment of AP Woojoo Tongshin Co.
DaeKyung Group's divestment of DaeKyung Technos Co.
Divestment of Hanbitnet Co., Ltd (KOSDAQ)
Willbes(KOSPI)'s divestment of Auction.co.kr to eBay Inc.
BD Lee's divestment of Korea Cable Broadcast Co. to CJ
Korea Corporation Investment's divestment of Next Play Co. to NC soft
Korea Corporation Investment's divestment of Ndoors to Nexon Co.
Hanson Tech Co.'s divestment of Business assets to Korea Industry Technology (KOSPI)
YK Lee's divestment of Plasmart Co. to MKS Instruments (NASDAQ)
Soo education (Online Contents)
MiraeAsset VC’s Agri-fund raising
Turtle books (Online contents)
China CNK (Online contents)
Acquisition of Scandal Korea Cosmetic’s asset
Norwegian Songa offshore’s fund raising